Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a pound of yarn?
Is Yarnia yarn only for machine knitters?
What fibers do you have in stock?
Which of your yarns are machine-washable?
How many strands should I use to make my yarn?
How many colors should I use?
Do you have any yarn that's already made? Can I see some examples?
Is your yarn more expensive than regular yarn shops?
Can I purchase a large amount of your yarn wholesale?
What if I want to mix different fibers together? How does the pricing work?
Yarnia's yarn isn't twisted. Will this affect my knitting?
Is this the same as knitting from two different skeins of yarn at once?
I have a bunch of cones of yarn at home, myself. Can I combine those with what you have at the store to make a custom blend out of my stash?
If I'm combining different types of fiber, how will this affect the washability of the garment?
I see YPP on all your cones. What does that mean?
I hate math. Will I still be able to handle this?
TECHNIQUE & METHODS
General Knitting & Crocheting Technique Questions
- What are stitch markers used for?
- No tape measure? No problem!
- How to start a circular crochet project…with no hole in the middle!
- Why use circular needles?
- Keeping track of your projects using Evernote
- Using Wraps Per Inch to Determine Yarn Weight
- How to Join Two Pieces of Knitting With an Invisible Seam
- How to use wraps-per-inch to determine yarn weight
Yarnia-Specific Technique Questions
- How many skeins are in a cone?
- How do you calculate the price per pound?
- How to combat “the loops” in stranded yarn
- How to mix colors
- How to create solid-colored yarns
- What’s that lurex stuff, and how do I use it?
- How many strands should I use to make my yarn?
- How much yarn do I need?
- Can I bring in my own yarn to mix with yours?
- Do you have any sort of rewards program for frequent customers?